Newport Cigarettes,Cigarettes Online: Newport 100s Cigarettes 20 Cartons ($24 per carton)
Discarded cigarette ignited Yonkers house fire The Journal News YONKERS - Five Yonkers firefighters were injured late last night battling a two-alarm house fire that was started by a cigarette improperly discarded, fire officials said today. Five firefighters suffered minor injuries, mostly from slipping on ice as they battled the fire at 70 Lefferts Road, Yonkers Deputy Fire Chief John Flynn said. The blaze that started in the basement was able to grow unabated because there were no working smoke detectors in the house, Flynn said. The fire caused about $150,000 worth of destruction to the 2 1/2-story house, the deputy chief said. "If there were smoke detectors, damage would have been less severe," Flynn said. Flynn said he did not know if there were any detectors at all, or if there were and they were not working. The fire started in the basement after a discarded cigarette set a basement bed on fire, fire officials said.